We checked out the re-opened Myers Park branch of the library today--awesome! Still small and cozy, but much friendlier in appearance.
While there, I noted that this branch will be hosting a cool family project on Monday, January 26. "Who's That Hanging on My Family Tree: Celebrating Families!" is geared towards elementary children, pre-teens and their families. This one-hour program begins at 7 p.m. (yes, late, I agree!) and helps you "learn about genealogy and create your own family tree. Children are invited to bring stories and pictures of their ancestors to share." Registration is going on now.
Click here for more information on this program and for information about other programs at the Myers Park Branch this month. I see that you can sign up for a RSS feed at this page, which I gather sends you information about the branch as they post it--I have to admit I'm behind the times on "feeds." By clicking here, you will go to the main site for the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, where you can learn about programs at other branches, too. Some branches offer needlework get-togethers, some offer game nights (including wii, Dungeons & Dragons, cards, Guitar Hero--some are age-specific for adults or teens or seniors, some are not), dog therapy for struggling readers--my goodness, there truly is something for everyone!
Also, just a reminder that you can hop online at the library website and request a book--when it arrives at your requested branch, you receive an email or phone call and you can pick it up. So handy!
To Do: Visit the library website to stay up-to-date; pick up books at your local branch; check out all the activities at all the branches!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment