I was walking through Freedom Park yesterday and noticed a sign for Track & Field sign-ups for children 5-8. It started me thinking: what other programs does Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation offer that I don't know about?
Reader, it offers a LOT that I don't know about. Staying in town for President's Day weekend? Bring your family to Latta Plantation Nature Preserve and attend the Fairy House Festival. (Click here for an events calendar including the Fairy House Festival.) Other activities going on at various times in various places in Mecklenburg County: for $10, your teenager can go on a supervised paddle boat trip; for no fee at all, seniors can participate in "Training: Pastime Sports & Games"; for $5, you can have a mother's morning out while your young child does arts & crafts and plays games. Or bring your whole family to celebrate National Bubble Week at the McDowell Nature Center. The county has partnered with a program called "eParks" that allows you to read about individual programs and to sign up for some of them online. Click here to get to the list of ALL the programs the Meck Park & Rec offers.
In short, I don't know why my family sits around bored. We could be going 24/7 with all of the stuff going on around here!
To Do: Visit the Parks & Rec website to see what you've been missing.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment