Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Don't put away that cake pan!

Today, my husband, Rob, called to report on the toys the kids were mentioning in the car as he drove them with friends to the movies. I had to gently remind him that although he was just entering into the holiday spirit, us moms have been preparing for weeks and I was not changing gifts now!

Similarly, you have probably made your contributions to local charities by now. However, taking the cue from Rob, I offer a gentle reminder about the Charlotte Rescue Mission, which is serving record numbers of people this cold winter. Click here to see their "Hope for the Hungry, Hope for the Holidays" wish list. And don't forget that dessert items for Christmas dinner are both wanted and needed, delivered by 10:30 a.m. on Christmas morning. Click here for directions to Charlotte Rescue Mission.

To Do: Bake one more pie and God bless us, every one.

No comments: