Even though I wish this was some shoestring outfit in Plaza-Midwood, I am still enjoying my Twitter link to "YOLONE," or "Your Local News," which I think is some national site that subdivides into smaller, local sites (does that even make sense?). Somehow this site aggregates information about your city from sources around the web. On the Charlotte YOLONE page right now are links to articles from the Observer, Charlotte Business Journal, Davidson News, and Charlotte Creative Loafing.
I joined Twitter to see what all the fuss was about, and I'm still not quite sure. Maybe I'm just not hip enough. I suppose if I had an "app phone" that let me see tweets right away I'd be more interested. Most tweets that are interesting are links to a web page, not the freestanding ones. Very few people are as witty as they think they are (yours truly included).
YOLONE and Natalie English, the senior vice-president of public policy at the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (and therefore, Charlotte's lobbyist in Raleigh)--she Twitters as cltlobbyist--are the ones I have found who provide the most interesting local news. I also follow Tommy Tomlinson and Jeff Elder, two names who should be familiar to you from the Charlotte Observer (although Elder is no longer there), and the usual suspects like WFAE. If anyone can recommend other good local sources, I 'd love to hear them.
To Do: Share your Twitter sources, and other lesser-known ways to find out information about Charlotte and the surrounding region.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment