I'm not sure that this fits with the "be a good Do-Bee" posts I try to have here, so just in case, I'm hanging this on the "shop local" peg.
If you haven't been down North Davidson to try Amelie's French Bakery yet, I encourage you to get there ASAP. I knew I was in the right place when two men in Johnson & Wales outfits came in and ordered salted caramel brownies (which of course I ordered right after them--fabulous!). Divine lunches, lots of breakfast pastries (croissants, sticky buns, apple turnovers) and an endless supply of those cute little French pastries (tarts, cakes, chocolates, pretty French macaroons) at fairly reasonable prices. If you have to bring a dessert to a gathering or want to cheer a friend up, this is the place to go.
At a weekday lunchtime, there were lots of people chatting and having tartines and homemade soups. On a Saturday evening at 9:30, the place was filled with folks, most of them on their laptops (we felt a little out of it because we were actually there to TALK!).
Amelie's is open 24 hours a day and has several rooms in which to spread out at tables or on couches, all whimsically decorated in a kind of flea-market-French style. It would be the perfect place to host a bridal shower or tea party.
Amelie's is located at 2424 North Davidson Street--headed from downtown it will be on your right in a factory/mall space at 28th Street before you get to NoDa proper. Once you have passed Celebration Station on your left, keep an eye out for the big 2424 North Davidson Street sign on your right.
To do: Bon appetit! Head to Amelie's French Bakery aujourd'hui!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I read about those salted caramel brownies. Are they as good as your recipe?
Oh yeah - you must get one of their frozen baguettes and bake it the next time you have pasta! The best baguette I have ever had!
Sally,
They WERE pretty darned good--although Rob thought they were overrated. Better than my brownies? I do think it is hard to beat a warm homemade brownie--esp. when you can keep edging them out of the pan!
Post a Comment