Monday, June 29, 2009

Mission Possible

I am happy to report that several media outlets in Charlotte have formed a coalition called "Mission Possible," which "works together to alert our communities to the most critical needs." Click here to read Observer Editor Rick Thames' article on Mission Possible. From this article, you can find links to the Facebook page and Twitter link (I don't use Twitter, so I'm not sure what the terminology is--I hope "link" is right!). Other media outlets involved in Mission Possible are WCNC NewsChannel 36, public radio station WFAE, Spanish language newspaper La Noticia and three Web-based media organizations: CLTblog.com, Qcitymetro.com and DavidsonNews.net.

Here is the link for the Observer online Mission Possible page, which then provides links to all kinds of helpful information, from stories to blogs to search engines for nonprofits you'd like to learn about.

Finally, here is a link to "The Cliff," which is a blog by Observer reporter Peter St. Onge, focusing on "the latest news and information about funding for non-profits and county agencies - and how it impacts life in Mecklenburg."

I'm headed out for the summer, but I think you'll find plenty to get involved with by keeping your eyes and ears open for Mission Possible!

To Do: Bookmark one of the media partners involved with Mission Possible and check its page daily for updates and opportunities for you to make a difference. And have a great summer!

No comments: