I received an intriguing invite in the mail yesterday. Opera Carolina and its Verdi Society (charitable givers) are hosting a performance of "Little Red's Most Unusual Day," an adaptation of the tale of Little Red Riding Hood, on Saturday, February 28, from 2-4. The first hour is the performance, the second is a cookie reception. This event is "highly recommended for children ages 3-12" and will be held on the Charlotte Country Day Campus at 1440 Carmel Road, in the Gorelick Theatre.
I went on Opera Carolina's web site and it looks like they are not advertising this to the general public. "Seating capacity is limited" says the invite. However, I did find a press release from October 2008 describing a performance of "Little Red's Most Unusual Day" in Morganton: click here.
If you are an opera buff who is hoping to get your children interested, now's the time.
To do: Call Opera Carolina at 704-332-7177, ext. 205 for tickets, which are only $15/each.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A cookie reception! How cool is that? This would even make me reconsider opera :-)
Have I mentioned that I love your blog?
Post a Comment